1. Smoothing the frizzies. My hair always goes bonkers when I’m out somewhere and don’t have a wide range of product options. I find that I can apply a small amount of lotion to my hands and then lightly pat down the out-of-control areas. Use this same thought to…
2. Reduce static on clothing. If your skirt is sticking to your tights, simply smooth it with your hands after applying a bit of lotion. It really works!
3. Diluting self-tanner. This is my favorite lately. You know how they tell you to work around your knees and elbows, or you end up with orange spots? Well, I end up with utterly white knees, and that looks weird, too. My solution is to dilute the self-tanner with a bit of my favorite lotion, then apply a thin layer of this to my knees and elbows.
4. Smooth shaving. If you run out of shaving cream, try a little lotion. In fact, skip the shaving cream entirely because lotion works really well for this.
5. Exfoliating. A dab of lotion + a pinch of sugar = simple exfoliant. Rub into skin gently, then rinse off.
6. Condition leather. Sounds crazy, but it really adds shine to shoes or belts.
These are just a few ways that I’ve used lotion for something other than moisturizing! I’ve also used a dab to remove eye makeup, put a thick layer on my finger to remove a too-tight ring…the possibilities are endless. How do YOU use lotion?